In a jungle of hundreds of auto masking tapes, finding the perfect one is the hardest adventure for a professional bodyshop. Maybe you may need a little help to know which kind of tapes to choose.
How should the perfect auto masking tape be? Here’s some advice for your body shop from Q1® specialists.
First, an auto masking tape must be heat resistant
To make paint dry fast and make you finish your job quickly, the car or the vehicle must be put under air-drying guns.
High temperature masking tapes are the perfect solution for any masking application in the automotive field which require a high temperature resistance (such as the drying cycles). That’s why we suggest you to choose a tape that can withstand high temperatures, unless you want to wait forever for the paint to be completely dry.
It should conform well to curved surfaces
You know, cars aren’t made of straight lines. Not every tape can follow their curves and fit well, though.
Automotive masking tapes can be applied with ease to all vehicle surfaces and curves. For difficult applications, the car masking tape can also be torn by hand in short stripes that fit the most irregular surfaces.
Compatible with all popular paints and lacquers
Harsh chemicals are involved in automotive paints and solvents, you better use a resistant masking tape when dealing with them.
Auto masking tapes are specifically designed to match with any automotive paint you want to use in your body shop and work without worries.
Strong and gentle at the same time
These masking tools are made to make your painting job easier and faster, you better choose an auto masking tape instead of a plain one.
With easy clean removal, that’s how we like it
Normal masking tapes can leave glue when you take them off. Not with auto body masking tapes: they don’t leave sticky residues, even after drying cycles at high temperatures.
A real time saver, isn’t it?
Our suggestions: Q1® auto masking tapes
Luckily, Q1® has all these features. Take a look at our high quality automotive masking tapes:
- Q1® High Performance Masking Tape: specifically designed for most critical jobs in the automotive aftermarket. UV resistant up to three days, making it ideal for projects where UV resistance is required.
- Q1® Premium Masking Tape: designed to combine consistent unwinding, easy tear and conformability, performing extremely well when used tape on tape and with masking paper and protective film.
- Q1® Performance Foam Tape: an easy to position, flexible sponge foam with premium-grade adhesive, Q1® Performance Foam Tape is the ideal masking solution for reducing masking time around doors, tailgates and other vehicle access points.
- Q1® Premium Foam Masking Tape: refinishing foam masking tape designed to protect door edges and gaps from overspray, leaving no leaks for the paint to filter through.
- Q1® Premium Trim Masking Tape: designed to facilitate trim masking situations including inset door handles, windscreen, side mouldings, taillight, sidelight and headlight units allowing complete paint coverage under the moulding while protecting the front of the moulding from paint overspray.
Well, we think you can stop searching now.