Automotive Masking Tape
Q1® Premium Masking Tape is an automotive masking tape designed to combine consistent unwinding, easy tear and conformability, performing extremely well when used tape on tape and with masking paper and protective film.
Automotive masking tape can be used for masking the surfaces near the area to paint, where other masking products cannot be applied. The tape is widely used also to fasten masking paper or masking film to the car body.
Q1®automotive masking tape is made with premium crepe paper with natural rubber base adhesive, specific for automotive car refinishing applications during drying cycles at high temperatures up to 110°C/230°F. It guarantees high adhesion and doesn’t leave adhesive traces when removed.
This automotive masking tape can be applied with ease to all vehicle surfaces. For difficult application, the tape can be torn by hand in short stripes that fit the most irregular surfaces.
- High Performance natural rubber-base adhesive
- Saturated semi crepe paper
- Temperature Resistance up to 230° F. / 110° C. (30 min.) 194° F. / 90° C. (60 min.)
- Excellent adhesion & mechanical features
- Compatible with all popular paints and lacquers
- Excellent conformability on irregular surfaces
- Instant adhesion to all vehicle surfaces and good holding power
- Conforms well to curved surfaces without lifting or tearing
- Resists waterborne and solvent-based coatings
- Controlled unwind
- Easy clean removal without adhesive residues
- Sharp and clean paint edges
- Sun Yellow
- 230° F / 110° C. (30 min.) 194° F. / 90° C. (60 min.)
|Part#||Size - Pcs/ Case|
|MT148||48mm X 50/ 55m – 20 roll/ case|
|MT136||36mm X 50/ 55m – 24 roll/ case|
|MT124||24mm X 50/ 55m – 36 roll/ case|
|MT118||18mm X 50/ 55m – 48 roll/ case|
|Characteristics||Units||Std. Values||Toler||Test method|
|Total Weight||g/m2||92||± 8%||ISO 536|
|Total Thickness||um||125||± 10%||AFERA 5006|
|MD tensile strength||N/cm||> 28||-||AFERA 5004|
|MD elongation at break||%||> 8||-||AFERA 5004|
|Adhesion to steel plate||N/cm||> 2.2||-||AFERA 5001|
Share this page: